WebHost Manager, or WHM is the central control panel from which you manage your reseller hosting services with us.
WHM allows you to manage your client cPanel accounts and control all elements of your hosting service. Your WHM login details are issued in your Welcome e-mail when your new reseller account is setup.
After you’ve created any feature lists you require, the second step in setting up your new hosting service is to create a package. A package is a list of permissions and resources that your clients can have access to once they order your hosting services.
You can set as many packages as you like. These can also be edited at a later stage if you decide to change your service offering.
Creating a Package
WHM >> Packages - Add a Package
1. In WHM, under the Packages section, click Add a Package
2. You will see a new screen which initially asks for a Package Name. You can name your packages anything you like. For this example, we'll call it testpackage
3. Next, you can define a list of resources to suit the package you are offering
4. You can define the theme available to your clients. By default this will most likely use the classic cPanel theme 'x3'. The newer 'Paper Lantern' theme is also available
5. Select the feature list you've previously configured, and assign this to your respective package. This will only permit access to those features you had enabled specifically in your chosen feature list.
6. For the purpose of this example, all other selections should remain default
7. Once completed, click Add
It is important to remember your package name as this will be needed later if integrating with WHMCS. If you forget your package name or would like to list your packages, type Edit a Package into the WHM search box.
It is also important to note that the package name you will need for WHMCS includes your WHM username followed by the package name you set e.g. testuser_testpackage
If you make a mistake with your package, don't panic. Under 'Packages' select the 'Delete a Package' option and you can delete your package and start again.